Wednesday, March 04, 2009

readers den done

Day 188 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I’ve been feeling pretty guilty about Reader’s Den this past while. I haven’t posted a review there in over two months now. Carol and I used to post two reviews a week.

Readership has dropped in half, and I can’t blame anybody for dropping the site from their visiting list and never coming back.

I hate it myself when I find a cool site only to have it abandoned. I drop those kinds of sites myself and seldom, if ever, return.

So, what to do?

I could carve out more time to review books again. But, I’m trying hard to finish my novel and get it published (with crossed fingers) by next year. I feel any minutes spent writing a review (which earns me nothing at all) vs. editing my novel (which may get published and sold for cash) and lead to a writing career . . .

. . . well, you can see which road I chose.

So, I guess this blog is an apology to all those who followed Reader’s Den for years (literally, 2 ½ worth) and now find it frozen in time.

It is still out there - like a childhood.

I may one day return.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment