Friday, March 20, 2009

in the land of somnia

Day 204 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Wil Wheaton often writes of insomnia on his blog, and suffering from it.

I, for the most part of my life, have never suffered a bad night’s sleep except for times of extreme stress - and those, I am happy to say, have been few so far.

But for whatever reason (not to be disclosed for another week - sorry), I was up today at 4:00 AM, staring at the walls and generally unable to find the road back to the Dreamlands from the land of Somnia.

Let me just drop this hint - my poor night’s sleep is more from excitement than worry, though I would be lying to say the combination of the two is not blundering around in my mind like a free radical in a ganglia shop.

So, here I sit at 4:30 AM typing today’s blog so you will have something to read over coffee this morning.

Isn’t that just the kind of sacrifice you've come to expect from me here at the Twisted Mind Emporium?

I am enjoying a mug of freshly brewed Kicking Horse organic coffee though - and it is awesome.

That, I suppose, is one benefit of rising too damn early.

You do only need wait one more week though, and all the beans will be spilled right here on this blog table.

Sorry to make you wait.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment