Sunday, March 01, 2009

February goals in review

Day 185 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well, another whole month (okay a short one) has flown (crept, actually) by and it’s time for me to fess up about my writing and such.

First, on the reading front another six novels fell to my gaze this month. I am well on my way to meeting and exceeding (by a large margin) my 10,000 pages goal.

I did have one started and aborted book though by Elizabeth Moon. After 150 pages I just couldn’t take it anymore. Sorry E M.

As to writing every day. That would be a big positive. I do include this blog as writing every day because, even though there might not be a huge quantity or quality here, it does force me to write something everyday no matter how tired or what state of mind I’m in.

I have been editing my novel, Typhoon Rising, and have gone through about one third of it already. My goal is to have it in saleable shape by July 1st. It will be tight, but I am going to make it happen.

Well, as you can see, despite all my whining this past month I have achieved some pretty good numbers when it comes to my writing goals.

Let’s hope I keep it up and make my first novel sale later this year.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment