Saturday, March 07, 2009

anti-whining

Day 191 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I’ve spent a good deal of time on this blog lately whining about what is going on out there in the world and in here in my own little world.

So, for today I thought I would take a little time and write about all the great things going on in my life and why the future is as bright as a thousand burning suns.

First off, I’m pretty incorrigible. Once my mind is made up to achieve something, only death will stop me. And, as you can see, I’m still very much here.

My writing will succeed. Of this I have no doubt. Will I be a great author, remembered by millions of screaming fans . . . Not likely. In fact, quite unlikely bordering on “what the hell have you been smoking?”

Also, it looks like money troubles will not come my way any time soon. My wife is well on her way to securing a pretty secure job. Nothing can stop my wife either, and yes, she is still alive as well – we have a no zombie policy at our house, thank you.

I also have a wonderful daughter who amazes me every day. She is so damn smart and not even double digits yet. Delusional Daddy, or Impartial Observationist?

I am not really qualified to decide being too close to the subject matter.

I’m happy I got the audio thingy working on my computer. I can regale you (as in nobody – art for art’s sake and blah, blah, blah . . .) with my witty audio blogs starting this Monday. Just think of the eye strain you will avoid should you click on the link and actually listen . . .

I have a great load of computer games (new and old) and machines that can play them. This translates into great relaxation time when I need it – which is like, every day.

I have incredible friends, though I seldom ever tell then so. They just know it, I’m sure. And they are, without question, the smartest people I know – of course, if you know where I work, this will not surprise you.

So, put it all together and I am one very happy camper.

See, inside I’m just bubbling with glee.

Now, get your off my lawn you baggy-panted, lame-brained young Twirps – and don’t let me catch you around here again!

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment