Sunday, February 22, 2009

sunday sunday

Day 178 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well it’s Sunday, and I’m not going off to church.

Used to, way back when I was a kid and had no choice, but now I don’t.

And who was the genius who decided that Sunday was the day for worship anyhow.

And how do we know today really is Sunday anyway?

I mean, over the millennia we have gone through several versions of calendars - who is to say which is accurate now?

It could very well be Wednesday in God’s mind today and he is thinking, “Christ, will all these people give me a bit of peace today - I’m trying to get my laundry done already.”

And I could get some special hell time for posting that today.

I’ll take my chances.

Editing my way to glory this past while and am through about 1/3 of my novel so far.

I find there are 3 distinct processes to getting a novel ready for consumption (the good kind, not the wasting kind).

First is the first draft - just getting the thing out there in unpolished form.

Second it the editing - fixing all the lame stuff that crept in during first draft.

Third is rewriting or polishing - fine tuning, with help usually, the finished product.

How quickly this can take place is up to the individual. Some are workaholic psychos, while others - like me - take a measured pace like a robot and finish when it gets finished.

I should be done my edits by around the end of March, then take about a month to rewrite it.

Hoping by July or August to have a pretty decent finished product.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment