Wednesday, February 04, 2009

the scent of printer's ink

Day 160 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well, I finished that long and boring Asimov book last night – don’t read it (Fantastic Voyage II) as it is just too tedious.

And I suddenly realized (this past few days) that I’m in the middle of, what I like to call, a “Reading Frenzy”.

I get this way every few months, and it is a state of being that doesn’t want to leave me easily. I want to spend all of my free time reading, reading, reading.

This is coupled with an almost irrepressible urge to add as many books as I can to my already vast collection of fiction.

But my purchase power is nil right now - my budget for this moth is already spent.

Still, I have store credit at one of the large used bookstores, and more books to bring them for yet more store credit.

You see, it’s the old - “if there’s a will, there’s a way” - coming out in my frenzied mind.

I think I am going to take advantage of the store credit this week, like maybe today, this minute.

I can’t help myself.

I’m like a shark smelling blood in the water, I am so drawn to the used bookstores during this, my Reading Frenzy time, you’d best get out of my way or lose a piece of flesh . . .

I’ll let you know how it worked out.

The book hunting, you know, not the flesh stripping . . .

Now, if you will excuse me I have books to collect and books to read.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment