Thursday, February 05, 2009

out of gas

Day 161 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I’m just dragging my butt around these days and I’m not quite sure why.

Oh, I'm still rising early to write and reading at least an hour each night. It's just the tank is feeling empty.

Maybe it’s this endless frickin winter?

Maybe all the bad economic news you just can’t escape?

Maybe it’s the lack of vacation time early in the new year?

Whatever it is, it’s starting to get to me. I need to write some humour pieces, go on a rant, or phone in sick a few days, or something.

And what I thought was going to be a slow relaxing weekend is now relative visit weekend and run the kid hither and thither weekend – which I kind of new, but sort of forgot about (maybe blocked from my mind?)

It’s not as bad as it sounds, but it’s not as free as I had hoped for.

But don’t let me get you down (as he sounds like Marvin).

I’ll just keep my head down, and work on my novels, and maybe the sunshine will come through my window soon.

Here is hoping those stupid rodents lied about seeing their shadows and that Spring will arrive early.

If not I’m having hamburgers for supper tomorrow, made not of ground beef, but groundhog . . .

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment