Friday, February 06, 2009

on blathering on

Day 162 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

As you by now already realize, if you have been following this blog for any length of time, is that I have very little of actual substance to report.

I should in fact be a politician – at least I would get paid to drone on endlessly about nothing while promising greatness and delivering bullcrap.

But I suspect the reason you hang in there is to see a novel of mine published so you can say – hey, see, I read that guy’s blog for years and now he is a big published well-to-do author . . .

. . . or at least I delude myself into thinking that.

Let’s hope your dream of my success comes to pass.

The other lure may be to eavesdrop on somebody else’s life. What is it like to look through the open window and see him mulling about in bathrobe going about his daily business?

But that is pretty dull, isn’t it? Me, mulling about, coffee in hand going to work, coming home, playing a game, reading a book, doing family chores, etc, ad infinitum, tedium?

As my previous day’s post suggests, I think I need some sunlight or something. This long dark winter is not giving me enough Vit D, even with the fortified cereal with milk for breakfast.

I do eat a children’s vitamin each day though, so that should help.

Well, keep me childish anyhow.

I’m going to do my best to keep these posts coming every day. I did promise that after all and I do so hate to renege on a promise once made.

But I haven’t even crossed the half-way mark yet. And wow, it’s been a long haul already.

Still, my dogged determination will see this experiment to its natural conclusion, whatever that may be.

Thanks for hanging in there.

If I had a decent bone to fling your way, believe me, I would.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment