Wednesday, February 11, 2009

misanthrope to the power of infinity

Day 167 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

That’s me today.

I'm in one of those moods that, if there were a big red button in front of me, I would be tempted to push it down and end this whole frikin globe full of semi-intelligent A-Lickin monkeys . . .

Okay, too over dramatic, but this is raw emotion talking while the rational brain sits on the sidelines trying to calm it down.

And the glass of red wine is indeed tempering my temper, so to speak.

Well, the ax fell today on the job front. I am likely going to survive another go on the island, but many others will be voted off . . .

The kicker?

If we don’t pick you to take a hike, then let us introduce you to your new pay reduction.

How about - KMFA!

I think, if you try real hard you will be able to figure out what the initials stand for.

Let me just say that the A-Holes which ran the ship for 30 years or more typically took home more pay in 3 months than I will take home in 30 years - and now the same A-Holes want me to bend over and give myself and enema . . .

Just insane.

You do have to laugh though. I mean, don’t you?

Oh, and the pay cut is voluntary, so you can sign a form which says you do not want to take the reduction . . .

Might as well paint a “please fire me for whatever bullshit excuse you can dig up, unsubstantiated or not, because I won’t play your game” on your forehead. Of course, you would need a pretty large forehead to put all that on so you may just as well stencel a large L on instead.

I'm kind of hoping this is it though. Kick me out the door and give me my severance because, let’s face it, I’m a conical peg in an elliptical hole and the fit is very uncomfortable to the point of pain.

Time will tell, but likely, since I am a good worker with an actual functioning brain, I will be spared, or doomed, depending on perspective.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment