Monday, February 02, 2009

jack thaw

Day 158 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well, it’s about time.

I actually went outside today, without a hat or mitts, and shoveled a bit of melting - yes melting - snow from the middle of the driveway.

I like a thaw in the middle of winter. I never used to, but I guess getting older has me thinking of warmer climes and comfort.

And the weekend was darn busy to boot. I had two places to drive my daughter to on Saturday, then Sunday was shopping (by myself as my wife was out) and looking after the meals and housework.

I know - sounds like whining. Yes some cheese with it please.

And the novel (might as well keep whining) I’m currently reading is not really holding my interest much.

It is Asimov’s “Fantastic Voyage II”. I’m thinking one would have sufficed.

Ever get into one of those books where you don’t know if you should finish it, but have gotten so far along it seems a shame to ditch it?

Well, that’s the stage I’m at with this one.

I’ll finish it, but it will be a tough slog. It’s not all bad, just kind of long and dull.

And to think, this is the guy that gave us the Foundation Series, Positronic Brains and the 3 laws of Robotics. Guess everybody, Grandmaster or no, can write a dud.

Well, laundry is still needing to be done, so I’m off to separate the whites from darks. I’m hoping next weekend I’ll get more downtime.

And, holy crap, I’ve been blogging every day now for a darn long time . . .

Just saying.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment