Sunday, February 15, 2009

huge space battles needed

Day 171 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

So, it finally happened.

Yes, I talk of old news - colliding satellites used for, um, communications? - wink, wink.

Just when you thought the Ruskies and the Yanks were not up to their cold war games, you find out they never really stopped.

So, what was that US satellite doing hovering over Siberia anyhow? Oh, yeah, it must be for cell phone communications or TV broadcasts - because there are so many Americans living in Siberia these days.

Nice try.

I’m sure L’Obomba got a friendly little phone call from the Kremlin asking a few pointed questions.

So, Valentine’s day came and went and I emerged unscathed.

I didn’t get her chocolates.

I didn’t get her roses,

I didn’t get mints, or flowers or toasters.

What I have in a wonderful wife who understands how dumb the whole Valentine’s day ritual thing really is.

Underneath though, even after we decided it has little significance except to boost sales of certain commodities, I think she still wanted something.

Well, she has me - for the rest of her life.

What more could she want?

Okay, don’t answer that.

I finished Star Control last night.

The novel, not the game.

It was not as bad as I thought it would be. There are a whole series of novels published by Prima back in the 90's that were set off of old, Classic computer games. I also have, and read, the X-Com novel by Diane Duane but I do not have the 7th guest novel.

Go figure.

Anyhow, the X-Com novel was a good, solid, silly read too.

THis morning though I feel in the mood for some strong female character Space Opera Action Adventure.

No, I am not going to read more Weber (didn't really care for the first book in the Harrington anyhow), but I am going to read some Moon.

Well, I’ve taken up enough of your time this morning, so . . .

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment