Wednesday, February 25, 2009

fermented grapes and sleep depravation

Day 181 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well, as with all things, nothing remains in permanence.

And so my schedule has radically changed starting this week.

No, not fired (yet), but I am getting up just before 5:00 AM again so I can pick the little one up from school. My wife is working afternoons now.

And I don’t go for this double income and let somebody else look after my kid bullshit. I made her, so I should be looking after her until she can look after herself.

In fact, once my wife gets full time work - if I’m not gone from my stint as cube squatter by then, I will be very shortly thereafter.

Which brings me to why I’m so dang tired in the evening. In my future world of writing four hours a day with ZERO commute, I will never be tired out again. Oh, I can’t wait for that!

I go to bed now at 9:00 PM.

Yes, I must be getting old.

I do get several pages of my novel edited now while waiting in the parking lot of the school before it lets out.

Actually a bit more than I was getting done on regular morning shift at home.

So, the change, though not exactly welcome, is working for the better when it comes to my second career.

And yes, every day I drink one glass of red wine.

It is supposed to reduce the risk of me croaking from a heart attack by 20 percent. Unfortunately is does not lesson the risk of some moronic driver running into me and causing me serious injury.

I bet red wine sales are up though because of all the hype in recent years.

Well, best finish off the Colin Dexter novel I am reading. If you get a chance, you should read him. He is quite good.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment