Friday, February 13, 2009

eye in the sky

Day 169 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I just so happen to be listening to the live version of Alan Parson’s “Eye in the Sky” and wow, does it take me back to the days of High School and D&D.

But you don’t want to hear about that, now do you.

It is pretty neat though how certain music can bring you back to specific times in your life. I was just reading the other day that the brain sort of date stamps memories and that like memories then recall each other . . . If you follow.

So it’s not a stretch then to think that specific tunes recall in your brain specific moments in your life.

For me just about any Alan Parsons Project tune reminds me of High School. More specifically, “Turn of a Friendly Card” evokes definite memories of listening to it while reading (for the first time) Lord of the Rings.

No Doubt’s “Hella Good” reminds me of when I first found Wil Wheaton’s blog and therefore something online worthy of a read.

I’m sure I could dredge up another twenty or so, but I will leave it off and let you think about some yourself.

On a side note, I’ve made for myself, in this dreary February, a four day weekend by using a vacation day today and one next Monday.

Yeah, I know next Monday is supposed to be a “Family Day” holiday here in Ontario, but since I work for a company owned and operated from the USA, and we are treated little better than any other Non-USA country, this day does not rate as an actual holiday and hence, the vacation burning to take it.

But, I’m not going to fly off on a company rant - I’ll wait til I’m officially no longer there.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment