Saturday, February 21, 2009

and loving it

Day 177 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Wow, I like sleeping in late and then doing what I want in the morning.

Must be the weekend.

Went out last night for a couple pints of Smithwicks (pronounced Smith-icks) and pizza.

How can I do all this?

The little one is off to guide camp and my wife and I are free until Sunday morning.

I will spend a bunch of time today editing my novel (undisturbed), cooking a great meal (nobody to complain about tomatoes and mushrooms), and read for hours on the couch if I like (nobody complaining about just sitting around).

Every couple needs these times to regress back into their previous childless times.

The change is good and welcome, and I also know the fruit of my loins is having the time of her life in the snow with all the other guides.

What a great program for young girls.

And, after much discussion with my wife this morning (in peace), I have concluded that 2011 is the absolute outside deadline for my exit from cubicle hell.

I am very excited about it as it is only two years away.

Things may conspire to see me exiting sooner, so keep your eyes peeled to this here blog for further developments.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment