Tuesday, January 27, 2009

write sizing

Day 152 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well, I made a huge decision last night about my writing.

I’m not going to do it any more . . .

. . . kidding!

Actually, I’m going to finish the first draft of my Sci-Fi novel this year.

Sounds like small feed, but to me it’s HUGE.

HUGE I tell you.

But what does this mean for short stories and flash fiction?

Well, they will squeak in once in a while, but the main focus is going to be on completing my Sci-Fi novel in first draft form.

And, as usual, I have it all plotted out and even have the first four chapters written. If I wasn’t such a slug, it would likely be in completed and in first draft form already.

Well, this year it is going to be.

And I’m still wrestling with the edit dilemma.

I’m thinking 15 minutes each evening going over hard copy with a pencil and eraser. It’s how I edit best. Sounds odd perhaps, but for me it works better than the computer.

So, with those plans in place I should be a published household name within, oh, say seventy or so years . . .

Hey, a guy’s gotta dream don’t he?

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment