Wednesday, January 21, 2009

wresting time

Day 146 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I always seem to have so much I want to do, and so much that gets in the way of me doing it.

There are computer games that must be finished – because they are classics.

There are novels to be read – I have a backlog of around 850, even after selling off 300 + of them last year.

There are novels and short stories to write – I’m doing pretty well this year so far.

Then there are home obligations which include cleaning, cooking, shoveling, kid minding, spouse minding and general maintenance.

It’s a wonder I get anything done at all.

The only thing that seems to work is just plowing on ahead with whatever it is I’m doing at the moment. Sort of Zen-like with a splash of bustling manic insanity thrown in.

I do kind of like the busyness of it all though. And you have probably heard that the busier a person is, the more they can actually get done.

This is my life.

And, as you can see from this blog alone, when I put my Twisted Mind to something – it generally bows before me and asks for forgiveness – which I don’t often grant because then the subdued just come sniveling back for more . . .

My only point this morning is one of time management – or the lack thereof. It takes brutal discipline to set certain times of the day for certain activities.

And it also takes a certain mentality to not get upset if you blow the timetable because of other factors. All kinds of crap sneaks in when you least expect it and messes with your nice neat life.

Rolling with the punches is the only way – or take them straight in the face. I would not suggest that one though.

Well, my writing time for this blog has expired, so I will get on to other activities.

And I should say thanks for stopping by and paying me visits every day.

Don’t feel like you can’t leave a comment. I don’t abuse everybody that does – just a select few, and they know who they are.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment