Friday, January 16, 2009

the tennis bubble

Day 141 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I haven’t blogged about my tennis escapades in quite some time - so, here it is then - you know you’ve been dying to hear more about them . . .

I’ve switched to Thursday night, but not because it is B league, but because it’s earlier in the night and I’m writing every morning and don’t want to get tired out and sick.

Sounds convincing . . .

Okay maybe I was getting tired of the higher level of tennis I had to drag my aging bones up to every week, but the earlier time is a huge bonus. I can even get home early enough to read for an hour before bed which will help me achieve my reading goals for 2009.

Oh, my life is just one glistening pile of excitement after another, isn’t it?

I played last Saturday for tennis aerobics and did pretty well despite a long break during Christmas time. I have put on a few pounds though, so time to burn them off again.

And, as I mentioned before, I have one racket strung at 58 lbs instead of 60 lbs and like it a whole lot. I need to break the strings on the other racket at 60 lbs, but that will likely take a year or so. I’m not too hard on strings and they aren’t cheap - hence the using them til they break even though I’m not fond of the tension.

Well, as I have to head out in a few minutes, I better get ready. I will be sure to let you know how things went on Saturday’s blog.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment