Sunday, January 25, 2009

space invaders

Day 150 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

No, not the game, but those people that get in your face when all you want is your space.

As I’ve mentioned before I have a lair filled with books and my computer where I descend every day to write this blog and do my other writing as well.

Lately, during my quiet writing times, my space has been invaded.

Now, I love my daughter dearly, but I don’t like to be bothered when I’m writing. I don’t know if she fully understands, because I almost have to get hostile at her to leave when she comes hovering around and pestering me during this time set aside for that purpose.

And then I feel guilty for chasing her away like I’m a bad parent or something. But really, is one hour so much to ask to be left completely alone? I mean, there are 23 other ones left in the day.

I can tell you that I don’t like to get nasty when it comes to my daughter, but sometimes she just pushes it and pushes it and pushes it until I have little alternative.

And it is during those times that I raise my voice and puff out and look like I’m going to inflict pain - when in fact it is all bluster mixed with some actual frustration.

Right now she is here playing with her animals, and I’m having a heck of a time concentrating. Since it is Sunday, I’m going to be lenient and not drive her away.

Now you know why I get up long before 6:00 am to write when everybody is still in bed.

I slept in today, and this is the result . . .

When I say I like quiet when I’m writing this does not mean no music. I really like the music playing on my Media Player to write by (it helps immensely withe the flow of words), but the voice overs of plastic animals interacting is too much for me to take at the moment.

So, I’ll leave off now and go make some waffles.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment