Friday, January 09, 2009

shorty

Day 134 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Yup, I’m going to make this blog a pretty short one.

You see, I just got in two small expansion packs for Arkham Horror - 'The King in Yellow', and 'The Black Goat of the Woods' which adds to the one small expansion 'Curse of the Dark Pharaoh' I already own.

So now, as well as the basic game, I actually have all three small expansions.

For my B-Day I’m thinking of getting the two big ones (Dunwich and Kingsport) and then I will need to find a huge table to play it on. As it is now, the small expansions only add variation and many more cards but no increase in basic board size which is good if game table space is limited.

So, besides mixing in all the cards tonight and possibly playing a solo game to check it out, I am wiped out physically and mentally.

I became accustomed to having time off and sleeping in that, now that I’m back to work, I seem to need more downtime when I’m not cube squatting. Maybe the commute too is draining the cells too.

Well, whatever it is I’m going to go now and see what cool cards came with the newest expansion packs.

If you haven’t heard of Arkham Horror: the board game, and you are a Cthulhu fan then, well . . . wait - you can’t be a Cthulhu fan if you’ve never heard of this game . . .

I think I just lost 3 sanity trying to write and understand that last paragraph.

If you will excuse me, I think I’ll go pay a visit to the Sanitarium now.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment