Sunday, January 04, 2009

last day blues

Day 129 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Oh man, I’ve had a nice long vacation period this year. I really needed it after all the turmoil at the slave pits.

But I only have one day left to enjoy.

Reminds me of the “if you only had one day to live, what would you do?” scenario.

Me, I’d play Arkham Horror with friends, eat a feed of perogies and spend the rest of the day with my family in a giant hug-fest.

Anyhow, today will be spend blogging, grocery shopping, taking down the tree and reading my book plus family time. There may even be some laundry in there to add variety.

Can my last day of vacation get any more exciting?

Well, if I throw in some “Terror from the Deep” as well as a game of Arkham Horror, then yes, it can.

I’ve been trying hard to figure out how I’m going to squeeze in a blog every day and get an hour of writing done every morning all the year long starting tomorrow.

My solution is to get up at 5:00 AM and do my writing then. Sounds too darn early, but commute time is best for me if I leave at 7:00 AM. No school buses to deal with and traffic is lighter.

So, it looks like I will be a walking zombie for most of 2009, but my writing output should be prodigious.

And, as a writer, that is the way it should be. Writing = priority 2.

You know what priority 1 is, and no it is not computer games, that is number 3.

Well, I’ve got to go post some witty 1 or 2 liners over at Twitter.

*looks in the mirror from another’s body* - “It’s what I do.”

And if you get that cryptic TV show reference you are truly a worthy geek.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment