Friday, January 23, 2009

I passed . . . out

Day 148 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

What a strange sensation passing out is.

This morning I heard my alarm go off at quarter to six, as usual, and literally leapt out of bed.

My precious morning writing time must not be wasted, and every minute counts.

I stood beside the bed for a second and heard a slight buzzing noise, then a loud thumping and woke up (literally) lying on the floor.

Alien abduction?

Lack of iron?

Stroke?

Heart attack?

Traveling back in time from my 94 year old self to take over my 44 year old self?

Actually, I first thought hey, the damn bed fell apart!

And then I thought, hey, I fell out of bed . . . idiot.

But, once enough oxygen reached my sleepy brain, I realized that I had actually passed out.

Not good.

Another sign of old age, or just plain stupid for getting out of bed so fast my sluggish system wasn’t able to pump enough blood to the command center to keep it operational?

I opt for stupid.

And not to worry – I’m feeling fine now, just embarrassed with a slight bruise on my left elbow.

I am actually quite stalwart and tough, and to have this happen is kind of a shock.

At least I didn’t break anything, like a hip.

Well, here is to waking up gradually in the future. No more monkey jumping out of bed.

It is funny though, how you can wake up and suddenly have the whole day take an unexpected turn, or spill, in my case.

Until tomorrow, and a gradual awakening . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment