Saturday, January 24, 2009

far fewer folly-cles

Day 149 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I’m a creature of habit if I am anything at all, and this really comes out when it comes to hair cuts.

I don’t really like them. They interfere with my precious time.

So, what do I do about them?

Well, I let my hair grow to the point of irritation, or course.

Some people get their hair cut once a month, or *gasp*, more often.

What the hell is the point in that?

If you are that concerned about your follicles changing then---

—why not just have all your hair surgically removed so it will never grow back, buy a wig you like and presto - your hair will never change again!

And, it would save you thousands of dollars over the long haul.

Heck, even I might save dozens of dollars.

But, back on topic. Oh wait, I was on topic, er, never mind then.

Today is haircut day for me because I can’t take it any more - plain and simple. I was playing tennis Thursday night and it was flopping into my eyes - a sign and one which I heeded.

Oh, and (to side-track a bit), I was back in form winning 14 games and losing 7 and advancing back to court one - for those keeping track of my turbulent tennis career.

So, with my irritating hair getting in my eyes *probably could have won 15, or 16 games* I knew it was time for the knife, er, scissors.

And so off I go this morning bright and early.

It has been just over four months.

Yeah, three times a year max.

If you are vain, this must drive you crazy.

Me, I don’t give a rat’s buttocks. I’m into comfort, not fashion shows.

And yes, what is left is sprinkled with gray too. Like I really care - not!

Until tomorrow, when my hair will be shorter though still as streaked with gray . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment