Sunday, January 11, 2009

the days are just packed

Day 136 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

but not only for Calvin and Hobbes, but me as well.

I got two great surprises yesterday.

The first was getting a 17 inch monitor for my old Windows 98SE Machine - now all those great old games I love I can play again, and again.

The second, and even more exciting, is my very own copy of Dr. Horrible on DVD.

Both of these surprises came from my friends and I can’t thank either of them enough for the kindness. Just wow, you guys (and gals) are the absolute best.

Thanks again, and again.

So, today I have an old machine to set up and Dr. Horrible to enjoy. Tomorrow’s post will likely ramble on about how great Dr. Horrible is and how you should rush out at get your copy as well.

On the other front - I played two solo games of Arkham Horror with all the small expansions (no herald though, I mean holy geepers already) and got my butt handed to me on a tentacle both times.

The first saw Nyralathotep ripping me to shreds in the end game - the second game I was doing really well with Amanda Sharpe, until I visited Yuggoth and ran into Shub him/her/itself. I mean, give me a break. So, after a feeble attempt to take down Shub on his own turf - Amanda was consumed and I conceded the game even though Azathoth was a long way from waking up.

Well, I have much exciting work to do so I best get at it.

More reports and excitement will follow tomorrow for sure, so stay tuned.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment