Saturday, January 17, 2009

bubble bursts

Day 142 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I played the second worst tennis in my life - ever - last night in the bubble. Er, two nights ago. This pre-posting is playing tricks on my mind.

Anyhow, I have been recovering from a cold virus that likes to manufacture thick, sticky . . . er, I’ll spare you the details, save one.

I was weak as a newborn antelope on the court, and my scores reflected that.

Can you believe 7 games won and 14 lost? It was court one of B league, but I was playing about ½ as well as I should have been had I been well. Did I use the word been enough in that last sentence?

*bangs plugged up head on desk*

Oh, well, it was exercise and I hit a couple (like 2) goods shots during the match, so all was not a complete loss.

Did I mention my daughter is having a sleep over with two of her friends at our house tonight. OMG! - it is going to be noisy here this weekend.

The price of procreation = no peace.

Still, I wouldn’t change it for the world. It’s good to see your offspring having friends and fun like I did when I was a kid . . . Well, . . . I had fun . . . Um, . . . some fun.

They are going to be making pizza. Should be a blast for them, and a huge cleanup job for us parents.

Well, I’m still recovering from this darn ailment so I’m cutting this short to get some much needed down time.

Saturday is here . . . finally.

Until Tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment