Thursday, January 08, 2009

all the flakes down in snowville

Day 133 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

No, I’m not going to digress into a Dr. Seuess poem alteration again - so you can breathe a collective sign of relief.

I’m just making mention of the fact that my drive to the office and back today was the major suckage. Way to many speeding idiots on the highways for my liking. And as much as it would be good for me, and I would like to, I am not going back out there and attempt the drive to bubble tennis tonight. Alas.

Anyhow, I really shouldn’t complain about my commute or the slave pits, since it ultimately pays the bills.

And things are going to change soon anyhow - more restructuring and such coming down the corporate pipes. Who knows, maybe this writing gig will turn into my full time work.

That, my friends, is a damn scary idea - but it also fills me with hope and excitement - far more than the alternative - another 15 years of cube squatting.

Ugh.

But hey, you didn’t come here to listen to me bitch, so instead I’ll tell you that I watched a couple more episodes of “Dead Like Me” last night.

Wow, they are certainly not adverse to or shy of using the F word, are they? Was this show broadcast in Prime Time? My little one will not be watching this until late teens - like I have any say in the matter.

Oops, bitching again. Must swallow the happy pill that is hiding under my tongue.

Gulp!

There, it’s down.

You believe me - don’t you?

I wouldn’t either.

Oh, and I should finish that Robert Bloch novel tonight as well. He is just such a damn fine writer and, as my wife mentioned, “he should be more popular than he is” end quote. I couldn’t agree more. Why are almost none of his books currently in print?

Oh, and the novel is “Terror” and I actually have the first edition paperback from 1962 - worth, oh, probably three, maybe even four bucks . . . Canadian.

And as I type away at this, my lovely wife is busy making pizza for child and I. Isn’t that just the perfect end to an otherwise fairly sucky work day?

I am so lucky. (A rare occurrence of me NOT using sarcasm - must be the happy pill working.)

Well, I can see by the clock on the wall that my time has expired - so, take care if you are out driving in any crappy weather, and work on your US consumer confidence won’t you - L’Obamba is counting on you!

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment