Thursday, December 18, 2008

so much time so little to do

Day 112 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Sounds dreamy, no?

Well, for the next couple of weeks and a half, that will be my existence.

So what will I pack into those open fun filled relaxing wintery days?

For one, I will be gaming with friends at least a couple of times. We always need to stop at least one bad elder god thing from absorbing Arkham and surrounding environs - and D&D needs to happen. (Yes, go ahead and make the sign of the devil - you are so 80s)

Family time and perogies figure into the equation as well. Christmas is a time when my daughter gets all wound up (even more than normal) and we make treats to eat and watch more DVD shows than is really good for you while munching on microwave popcorn.

Oh, there will be the compulsory family “away” mission, but that only takes three days. Not quite so horrendous as it sounds, and it actually is nice to see the nephews growing up and getting bigger.

And, I know you were waiting for it, computer gaming.

I even started Fallout Tactics again on my laptop. This is one great game despite all the cry babies who wanted another Fallout 2 instead. I don’t care what you say, Tactics is shear brilliance in tactical gaming.

I was thinking, if somebody would remake X-Com (exactly) and put the Fallout Tactics skin on it - they will have created the ultimate game for me - just so you know, you with the taped glasses and large cranium and prodigious programming skills - get to it already!

Oooh, maybe I should just play the original X-COM again anyway . . .

Like I said, so much time and so little (well, lots actually) to do this break.

Here’s hoping you all have a great Holiday season, which reminds me . . .

. . . yesterday I heard the Adam Sandler Hanukkah song on the radio again. You talk about something coming along every once in a while that just shines in the humour department - man, that song is it. Best line, “O. J. Simpson, not a Jew!”

Well, once again my time has expired and you need to eat breakfast, so.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment