Wednesday, December 10, 2008

plan b c or d

Day 104 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I have got to get my act together and take my destiny into my own hands.

For too long I’ve dabbled with writing, having over 60 short stories written and three of them published, writing two complete novels and even one Romantic Comedy script.

Total output = a heck of a lot over the past 20 years.

So why am I not a household name like Asimov, or Sony by now?

Because about three quarters of the way to the finish line I realize I’m tired and just want to sit down by the side of the road under a majestic tree overhanging a stream and have a rest - and play computer games or read a book or almost anything else - and hence, writing projects get “almost” completed.

But I do have this stubborn “get-it-done” streak when I apply myself to a particular project.

I may not be out of traditional work for a while, perhaps until I reach retirement age even - but the economy is not looking rosy for the next two years and I should start to pursue other avenues of income which do no involve cubes or squatting, but rather imagination, passion and excitement.

So, I know it’s early for a New Year’s Resolution, but come January, after the whole crazy Christmas break si behind me, I plan on writing every day again and even trying for publication once more.

I know I can do it.

You know I can do it.

It’s only a matter of application and perseverance.

And, to further stimulate my plans, I have only to look in the mirror and realize that, in perhaps as little as 30 years - I will be no more and the world may have lost out on a unique voice in the world of creative fiction.

Now, how is that for self-applied cattle-prod motivation?

*ZAP*

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment