Wednesday, December 31, 2008

new higher resolutions

Day 125 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well here they come.

All those things I want to do or not do for 2009 - Okay, if you must - call them resolutions.

Not a lot, but a lot of hidden content within.

Ahem -

1) Write every day (starting January 5th), unless too ill to do so. Too ill constitutes death, dismemberment or advanced dementia. Being abducted by aliens will not count as a valid excuse nor will getting caught in a nuclear holocaust.

2) Complete 1 short story every month. This should be easy since I will be writing every day, 7 days a week.

3) Read a minimum of 10,000 pages. Pages do not include comics, board books or wrappers from double bubble.

4) Send out a total of 12 short stories for publication. Should be easy since I will have written one short story a month, because I will be writing every day, 7 days a week. Can you just see how the house of cards is precariously perched and could come tumbling down?

5) Be positive in the face of adversity and/or knuckles. Not everybody likes me or my works ro sense of humour. This is a fact of life. I will deal with this in a mature fashion. No, I will not define my take on mature.

6) Try to be nice to people. This is perhaps the hardest resolution of all since most . . . no, won’t go there.

Well, there you have it. I don’t mention family stuff since I don’t need to. Anybody that knows me knows I treat my family well and they trump anything else.

Until tomorrow when the past is past . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment