Tuesday, December 30, 2008

need for structure

Day 124 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I am such a creature of habit that I would be dead easy to stalk, trap and skin - if somebody so desired.

Every morning I rise early, turn on the computer and write - like a marginally oiled machine.

I have a rather structured ritual every morning and I get thrown off if I don’t follow it.

It goes like this;

Get up before 7:00 during holidays or weekends, or before 6:00 during work days. Make a cup of coffee and eat a bowl of cereal. Go to my lair. Turn on my machine. Dial into the internet. Fire up Media Player. Write blog.

Sounds about as monotonous as you would expect, but it is a routine that primes my writing pump.

Today I failed to log onto the internet, because what happens is after 15 minutes it wants to auto kick me off again which disrupts the flow of words you see before you.

Just this one step missing from my automaton-like morning program stifled me for a while before I could get down to writing.

Strange how little things can have an affect on what we do or how we do them.

And I suddenly did some math and realized that I’m more than 1/3 of the way through the Marathon. Holy crap - and you didn’t think I had it in me . . .

Okay, don’t want to toot my horn too loudly just yet. 200 plus more posts is nothing to sniff at, believe me.

Anyhow, with the coming of the new year I am planning to heap more work on myself. The list of what I want to accomplish will be coming out tomorrow, so you can see what crazy stunts I have planned for myself and this place as time marches on through 2009.

Well, today is cleaning day.

I do not relish the thought and despise the acts themselves.

I would much rather read, write, play computer games or stick needles in sensitive body parts than clean - but, alas, it must and will be done.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment