Tuesday, December 09, 2008

dreaming of a wight Christmas

Day 103 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

No, not a typo - a prediction of things to come for this Holiday season.

I just realized today that I only have 7 more working days this year until I get my vacation break which lasts until Jan 5th.

And, of course, any good Christmas vacation comes with lots of gaming - D&D style.

Our group plays 3rd Edition Rules. None of us are willing to shell out more cash for yet another set of books to advance to 4th Edition - which I’ve read is pretty sucky anyhow.

We have three games on the go at the moment. One I run, and two I play in.

We have five in our group which makes for a good group size - not too out of control.

However, despite the small group size, there are plenty of disputes about appropriate actions and what to do next. If you really want the inside scoop on D&D, and you are not a gamer (shame on you) - google “DM of the Rings” and have yourself a great laugh and a peek at the inside truth of how D&D gaming really plays out.

Well, I have to cut short today’s post since Mother Nature has dumped about five centimeters (that’s two inches or so for you rebel Yankees) on my driveway and my wife and daughter need to go to a cello practice early.

So, with shovel in hand, I will head out of doors and tackle the white stuff while dreaming of a wight Christmas.

Until two days after yesterday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment