Monday, December 01, 2008

big storm not

Day 95 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Oooooh, the big December 1st snow storm of 2008 is going to get us . . .

. . . Not!

I woke up this morning expecting a good six inches of wet snow on the ground and a veritable blizzard swirling outside my door, but what did my little eyes spy - diddly squat, of course.

Gawd how I hate the media - and I don’t even have TV hookup.

They can make the lamest of “potential” snow falls sound like step one of the Apocalypse.

So, anyhow, the B-Day yesterday was a success, despite the yelling at the little person in our house in the AM for sulky, pouty behaviour.

If you have, or ever will have kids, you know that once in a while you have to lose your cool and yell at them like a crazy person.

I didn’t like doing it, but it worked.

I hate yelling at my daughter almost as much as the presentation of non-existent storms by the Media.

Well, the perogies were top notch (ate too much) and the cake (which my wife made, I know it was her B-Day, but she is the baker) was great too.

So fun was had by all and my daughter and I even sprang two small gifts on my wife without her knowing we got them - except for my daughter repeating (several hundred times) that we really had no secret . . .

. . . so my wife caught on.

Still, it all worked out and we even got the X-Mas tree up as is our tradition on my wife’s B-Day Sunday.

Well, got to go weather this STORM, you know, the one we are all trembling about in our houses, afraid to step outside from.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment