Saturday, December 13, 2008

avg is the suckage

Day 107 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

What follows may not be suitable for small children, pregnant women or furry pets - so be warned that ranting, and the occasional swear word, will follow. Read on at your own risk, or with parental guidance.

AVG anti-virus software sucks!

You heard me.

AVG anti-virus software sucks monkey balls! Big hairy monkey balls covered with lice and sweat!

This is the second computer I’ve owned now, running Windows XP - and the second attempt at using AVG free anti-virus software - and the second time AVG keeps F’ing up!

WTF is wrong with this scenario?

Maybe I give off some bio-magnetic-AVG-program-killing resonance wave or something. It seems that, after one month, AVG free decides that my AVG is not up to date and will no longer update, but instead gives me some stupid error message saying “invalid CTF file” ? ? ?

Free?

My ass!

I swear, this is AVG’s feeble attempt to get me to cough up money for their “paid” version.

Well, guess what AVG.

You can kiss my ass!

I’ve owned computers since 1989 and do you know how many viruses I’ve gotten.

Guess.

Yah - the sum total of 1.

And that was done when my wife opened some dumb congratulations attachment from an email.

So, if AVG doesn’t decide to update itself within the next couple of days.

It’s going to get nuked from orbit, and good riddance.

F’ing virus detection crap!

I swear there are no viruses out there and the “stuff” these programs find is of its own creation just so you think you got something for your money, or that your detector is actually doing something other than slowing down your operating system and sucking up resources.

What a crock of shit!

Oh, did I mention that I fell off the bed this morning - from the wrong side!

AVG = the suckage.

Until tomorrow, when there will be less ranting and cursing. maybe . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment