Saturday, November 29, 2008

recharge

Day 93 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I love weekends.

They give me time to sleep in, not commute, just spend some quiet time reading, or loud time gaming, or entertainment time watching DVDs, or fun family time.

If only weekends were three days long instead of two.

And how I would have hated to live a hundred and fifty years or so ago when the working stiff literally worked from sun up to sun down six days a week.

With no computers.

Or DVDs.

Oh, the horror.

But there can be no definition of darkness without light, and no definition of weekend without a work week.

If I had all my days off I would therefore need to artificially create a work time and work off time. I can easily see where that would lead.

I would have scheduled two four hour days of work and a five day weekend.

Of course, how much "work" would I get done if that were the case?

But for now, while I’m still employed, I’ll look forward to my two day weekend and relish each hour of it when it arrives.

Tomorrow is my lovely wife’s birthday and I’m going to be making her homemade perogies.

My daughter loves them too. And, with the danger of sounding egotistical, my perogies are AwEsOmE!

And I find it odd that my spell checker doesn’t have the word “perogies” in it. Maybe if I used the Ukranian or Polish version?

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment