Sunday, November 23, 2008

the old guy court shuffle

Day 87 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well, I’ve often talked about how I still play tennis at a not-too-horrible pace for an aging guy.

Heck, last week a 68 year old thought I was 28.

Me, 28?

He must have forgotten his glasses, accidentally taken double his daily meds and been drinking heavily.

Today - you get to judge for yourself.

It’s not stellar play (just me during our Saturday tennis aerobics yesterday) but will give you some idea of how (fast, bad, good, lazy, great . . . pick any adjective you like) I am on the courts.

I was surprised to see myself moving pretty well (my footwork was not too bad), even if I duffed a couple shots (including the lazy last shot in the net - you will hear the Pro groaning about it).

Still, I’m 44. What do you want?

The video is courtesy of my daughter who was recovering from the flu and sitting on the sidelines. Normally she has lessons at the same time. She took a few more videos and there are some of me volleying and hitting overheads . . .

. . . but this one video will torture you quite enough for one day, I’m sure.

Sorry the file is a bit big. I don’t know how to shrink it. It is about 6 Meg (and only 18 seconds) and really, if it causes you problems, it’s not worth the hassle just to see me make three out of five forehand shots and run around the bubble court like a, well, like a 28 year old . . .

Still, if you must.

Here I am smacking those forehands.

You will see my new red shoes. I really like them - best tennis shoes I’ve owned so far. Tons of support, and hey, they are red.

Well, now you know what I get up to twice a week. Oh, and that racket is a Dunlop Maxply McEnroe, just in case you need even more information.

Now if only I could get sponsors to send me money. Let’s see - my shoes are Wilson, my racket Dunlop and my clothes Nike.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment