Tuesday, November 18, 2008

giving you almost 25 percent

Day 82 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

On the one hand, I can’t believe I’ve been at this for 82 days straight. It is, to me anyhow, pretty unbelievable.

And equally unbelievable is the fact that I’m not even one quarter of the way through this Marathon yet.

Holy Shite, Ratman!

I’ve even taken to drinking pre-ground coffee these days . . .

. . . for shame.

And I’m back to using AVG virus scanner again too although I’m not sure exactly why - which means annoying updates all the bloody time.

Of all the twenty years I’ve owned and operated computers, I’ve only ever had one virus and that was upon opening an email with that stupid fireworks display.

Yeah, you probably know the one.

I know better than to open or look at any email from an untrusted person now. Besides Yahoo scans the hell out of them beforehand anyhow.

Every scan I’ve ever done with AVG has turned up nothing. Of course, when you are on dial-up I think the viruses give up trying to infect your machine.

I did manage to upload most of my music now and didn’t realize how integral a part of my writing background random music really is. I bought a ten dollar flash drive with 2 Gig which should do nicely for transferring the rest of my music from my old machine.

And, I need to figure out how to download my vinyl to digital. I have about a hundred or so old records I would love to listen to again while I write.

I think there are turntables you can buy that plug into USB ports so you can upload your albums? Maybe I’ll look into this for Christmas . . .

. . . because I haven’t bought anything for myself yet . . .

. . . Okay, maybe this new computer, but it has been almost four years.

Not buying that one?

Don’t blame you.

Well, I’ve filled a page or so and you have better things to move onto.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment