Sunday, November 09, 2008

from the belly of the beast

Day 73 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

it is very quiet here this morning. No music eminates from my speakers as I haven't loaded in my music yet on this, the new machine, aka - the beast.

I'm even using OpenOffice Writer to make this blog instead of Wordperfect 11, which has yet to be loaded.

All is new, and somewhat unfamiliar.

The operating system is the same as my last machine, but its capabilities dwarf that old machines about ten times over in every other way measurable.

I loved it when I loaded Fallout 3, which then went into a hardware check, and automatically set everything to “Ultra-High”.

And it plays like a dream and looks as good.

Now my wife has fears of never seeing me again as I hide away in my lair playing games at all hours of the day.

That will not be the case.

Sure, some time will be spent enjoying “the beast” and newer games, but as yesterday's finished laundry can attest too - I am still upholding my familial duties.

Well, I best get at loading in all my music so the sounds of the 6, yes 6, fans in “the beast” don't become the only thing I'm hearing.

And after that, well I'm sure to be listening to Ron Perlman say,

War . . . War never changes.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment