Monday, November 10, 2008

entering the wastes

Day 74 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well, I’m happy to report that “the beast” is a most excellent piece of machinery and I’m very happy with it.

What can I really say, except, if you are a PC Gamer then you have to satisfied with an Asus ENGTX260 Top overclocked video card.

Fallout 3 runs like a dream with no noticeable frame rate drop-outs at all in 1440 x 900 with everything maxed out - and I mean everything.

And is the game good?

Hell yeah. You are literally thrust into the wastelands in eye burning 3D surround sound immersion. At times you are amazed at the vistas before you, other times your heart is pounding as a pack of wild dogs is charging you from the wastes.

Absolutely stunning in every way.

I’m also back to using an ergonomic keyboard which takes a little getting used to all over again. It is much more comfortable while writing, but when your hands are used to the conventional layout you find yourself striking the wrong keys quite a bit.

I will get used to it though and in no time will be back to my flawless typing . . .

. . . Um, yeah.

So, back to work today . . . Oops!

Forgot - sorry bout that.

I looked out this morning to see light snow. Snow.

That is a four letter word I can do without during my commutes to work. Otherwise I love snow, grew up in the snow, drank the snow, etc.

Snow is, and forever shall be, my friend.

Unless I have to drive through it to work.

Well, I best go find out where I stored the shovels.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment