Friday, November 14, 2008

eeek-onomy

Day 78 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

-eeek-onomy-

Well the market seems to be up and down like a toilet seat these days, doesn’t it.

Hope you life savings aren’t riding on the stocks. Mine aren’t. I have liquidity - then again, the sound of two nickels rubbing together doesn’t get you too far ahead financially. It does make a neat grating sound though - give it a try - if you have two nickels, that is.

It should be no surprise to anyone reading this that I work in the domestic auto industry - and am wondering what is up with that.

Despite several attempts to pair down the bloated operations the industry still seems to be sucking wind. Things are going to get worse before they get better.

But, they will get better - your government tells you so.

Yeah, I’m filled with relief now. So, all the government needs to do is funnel me say, 500,000 bucks, and I’ll be able to carry on my operations just fine . . .

. . . what do you mean the money is only for the financial institutions?

What a mess.

But hey, I still see food on my table and coffee in the pot - so, we are not like Afghanistan yet, or (take your pick of any one of hundreds of screwed over countries).

It is nice to see that the Canadians are not freaking out like the Americans are. Our economy is not doing too badly, however, since we are totally tied to the USA it is only a matter of time.

It’s kind of like paddling a canoe with the Titanic’s boat anchor hanging off the front. How long before you think it’s going to capsize?

Well, enough cheery news from me - if you want more please tune in to the fearmongering USA news networks and knock yourself out.

Now, if you will excuse me, I’m going to go check the bare cupboards to see if I have anything to eat for today . . .

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment