Saturday, November 01, 2008

the beginning and end of madness

Day 65 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well here I am, ready to go insane trying to juggle seventeen bowling balls with one arm tied behind my back, blindfolded and walking a tightrope in platform shoes over Victoria Falls . . .

I’m afraid it’s just not going to happen.

But what, if anything, is going to give?

It must be fate because today we have relatives arriving and staying for 5 days, we have a slight personal emergency which needs tending to and is extremely time consuming, and my computer just informed me it needs an update of 76.7 Meg - and I’m on dial up!

Sometimes the Universe works in your favour, and sometimes it gives you a really hard open-palmed slap to the face - like it has for me this month.

I still have the stinging red welt hand print of the Universe on my cheek to prove it.

So, casualty number two in the I-have-little-time this month and too-much-crap-to-deal-with-right-now . . .

. . . NaNo is ByeBo for me.

Oh, I’ll hang around the forums on occasion and cheer on the troops, but I can’t really get into writing anything until about next Thursday - and I hate to try and do NaNo all half-assed.

Because when only one of my cheeks is functioning - I get off-balance and you know where that leads in the games won vs lost department.

I may find some time to hammer out a few uninspired words and add them to the NaNo totals, or I may save myself the aggravation and not bother at all.

And before I take too much flak - there are others out there who have far more time than I and, well . . . nuff said.

This blog Marathon though, will go on - but I hope, not in a Celine Dion kind of way . . .

Shudder . . .

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment