Wednesday, October 22, 2008

white flaky stuff

Day 55 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

. . . and I’m not talking pastry or dandruff. Yup, nature’s finest - Snow - yesterday - in Mid-October.

Oh, dear, my back is already protesting the shoveling to come.

At least I can take solace in the fact that I won’t have to mow the lawn for months . . .

. . . but that doesn’t help much.

But, I will be the first to admit that I enjoy the cool/cold temperatures far more than the humid heat we get around here in the summer.

And the colour of the leaves on the trees is breathtakingly beautiful this time of year. A road closure for repair has forced me to drive to work through the country instead of the main highway.

Wow - the display is very nice indeed - I just wish the speeding boneheads behind me would layoff and chill a bit while I’m trying to take in a bit of nature’s natural wonders.

I did smell wood smoke in our neighbourhood yesterday too. I do not like it - makes me choke and takes the joy of observing the fall colour display down a notch. And when many residential people start burning wood, well it gets downright hard to breathe.

Rant over.

Is that NaNoWriMo I see just over the next hill. Oye!

And 55 days in a row. Are you wondering yet when I’m going to crack?

Until tomorrow and tennis . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment