Friday, October 24, 2008

what to NaNoWriMo

Day 57 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well, it’s almost here.

Just 7 more days and then it’s write-like-a-lunatic time for a month.

I have the lunatic part down cold - the writing - well . . .

My mind wanders as it wonders what to write this year.

Last year was a Post-Apocalyptic hero’s journey which I'm still editing.

This year I’m thinking - Reluctant Superhero with very, very unusual powers as yet to be determined.

I have a whole week to plot, flesh and create him/her/it.

And this year it will all be done in my mind. How is that for radical? I’m going to just let the old muse run rampant with this one, while my anal-itical mind keeps the structure in check in the background so my creation does not devolve into an incoherent and disconnected series of ramblings.

I seem to work best when I have little to no time to get things planned then executed. I would have been great in the Queens’ courts of old as High Executioner . . .

. . . maybe, except for all the killing and blood stains.

And now that I think about it, I’m getting kind of excited about NaNoWriMo.

But I’m sure, 15 days into it, plus blogging every day and keeping Reader’s Den up with reviews plus home life and work and, well, I’ll be a gibbering cinder of a man.

Won't that be fun to blog about?

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment