Wednesday, October 29, 2008

one sock at a time

Day 62 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well, I’ve given up playing Oblivion . . .

. . . for now.

I just can’t stand looking at it anymore in 640X480 resolution with all the settings on Low. Besides, my monster machine is coming soon and with the new GTX 260 that is going to be in it . . .

. . . well, I need say no more.

And just when you thought I was going to make my life difficult during NaNoWriMo by continuing to blog every day - it looks like my monster machine will arrive in early November too, adding yet another possibility of procrastination and distraction into the already overloaded mix which is my life.

So, not only will I be blogging every day, doing NaNoWriMo every day (2000 words or more), but there is a good likelihood (say a 1:1 set of odds) that I’ll be playing on my new computer most every day . . .

. . . which has me wondering just when I’m going to sleep.

But, sleep is rather overrated, isn’t it?

- gear switch -

Last night I got my daughter all done up for her Guide’s Halloween party and gasped at the finished results.

She was dressed as Morticia of the Addams family (even though she has not see that show or any of the movies yet) complete with white face makeup, red lipstick and black eyeliner . . . and I nearly died looking at the result. Before me was not my little girl anymore, but a beautiful young lady.

Time to invest in a shotgun.

Or a guard dog.

Or both.

Which is precisely what I will do - in the virtual world that is. Fallout 3 has been released and should be heading my way soon - couple this new game with my new monster computer and - trouble is most definitely brewing for November.

I think this year I’m purposefully loading up November with as much as I possibly can just so I can prove to myself that, despite the odds and naysayers, I can do it - and so can you, if you only try.

So, just to spite the universe I will keep to all my goals so people can point and say - look, there is that guy that does it all with a family and full time job and very limited time - how does he do it?

Or something more like, look at that guy, he looks like S%#&! Quick, cross the street and get away from him, I think he has some kind of disease or malady we don’t want to catch. See, kids, this is what you don’t want to turn into as an adult . . .

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment