Sunday, October 12, 2008

NaNo NaNew

Day 45 of 365 in the “Marathon of the MIND” . . .

.....................................................................................................

It has been suggested to me, rather strongly, that I change the name of this blogging marathon.

I have been assured that I am not a Dope, nor do I take dope - so the name does not apply and has to go.

That is the logic, and so I’m following the advice.

Henceforth and forthwith, this Marathon shall be known as the “Marathon of the Mind”, because it has a lot more to do with my mind (twisted though it may be) than calling myself names or relating it to illegal substances . . .

. . . beware: subject flips imminent . . .

Yes, Morrowind did come in.

How good is it?

Well, it is pretty much a 3D version of Baldur’s Gate 2 - with a great story, tons of information to glean from books and people, a great leveling up system, and a HUGE island province to explore.

The graphics, though dated, are on par with the best of the Thief series and do let you immerse yourself in the world. Nothing is spectacular, but nothing is jarring either.

Overall a great game I am sure to play for a very long time. And it runs full blast with all the highest settings on my current machine, so I won’t be chomping too hard to get my new rig - now only a few months away.

As for NaNoWriMo this year - I have a plan, and yes, you can cut it with a knife . . .

I’m going to break my current novel (the one I’m editing right now) into 30 equal parts and edit each of the 30 parts each day of NaNoWriMo.

I know that is not the exact intent of NaNoWriMo, but that is what I’m going to do. I really want to get my current novel in good enough shape so I can start shopping it around.

And don’t think I’m not doing any new writing because, by doing this Marathon, and never missing a Saturday Scribes - I’ll have written 52 new short stories in a year.

Thatn’s right - FIFTY TWO!

Pretty darn impressive, don’t you think?

Well, off to tackle another quest - then this afternoon is house cleaning and lawn mowing time.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment