Tuesday, October 07, 2008

lair reclamation

Day 40 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

It has been well over a year now that “my lair” has been shared with my wife.

It has not been a good thing for my head space - or writing space.

But last weekend this cohabitation ended and I feel like the lair has opened up again and gotten cleaned out and is mine again.

And that, believe me, is a good thing.

I do my game planning, writing and surfing down here in the basement lair. I guess we guys really do need a secluded nest of our favourite stuff which is just our own.

On the walls are posters of “Lord of the Rings” and “The Solar System”, sort of tying together my fascination with Fantasy and Science Fiction. Oh yah, I also have a Serenity poster up too as well as seven signed glossies of TV show actors/actresses from either Science Fiction shows or Buffy.

Ten bookshelves line three of the four walls and the closet is packed with games.

I like this place a lot.

When I need some “me” time - it is there waiting.

When I need a quiet space - it’s there.

When I need to edit my latest novel - yup, this is the space.

Which reminds me, I should get at it now.

In my reclaimed lair.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment