Tuesday, October 21, 2008

jewels or stools

Day 54 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I may not be really old yet or even wise - but I feel as though I’ve learned a few things along the way.

1) Have personal integrity - I was just following orders, or he/she made me do it, is beyond lame.

2) Have good personal hygiene - nobody likes a stinker.

3) Marks aren’t everything - It’s far more important to complete than compete.

4) Be kind to your fellow creatures, if they warrant it - were Hitler or Mengele nice folk?

5) Nobody likes a smart ass - before rifling off that know-it-all answer, maybe you should try to know it all.

6) Don’t stop learning - see 5.

7) Not trying is not the same as trying and failing - every success comes from a series of failures.

Now, don’t you just think I’m Mr. Wise Ass of the Universe? To that I say - two out of three ain’t bad.

And to leave off today . . .

. . . there are exceptions to every rule, but no rules for every exception . . .

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment