Sunday, October 05, 2008

it is done

Day 38 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

And so the agonizing over TV vs Computer has ended.

Computer has won out.

Why?

Well, last night (our monthly reading night gathering) got me to talking to a computer geek friend who is in the biz and actually builds and sells computers - with a 3 year warranty!

My inner PC gaming geek did a little Squee - and then we got to talking shop.

Well, he was talking shop, I was just expressing how I want Fallout 3 to run at high settings and not go ca-chunk ca-chunk at those moments when you don’t want it to.

And all of this will cost me a lot less than going to the big box stores - with newer, faster video cards to boot.

So, the new TV will just have to wait.

I mean I already have a nice flat screen.

It’s 24 inches . . .

. . . Hey, twenty years ago, that would have sounded okay.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment