Thursday, October 02, 2008

I will survive

Day 35 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well, last night’s tennis wasn’t all bad.

I didn’t win, but I also didn’t double fault or suck - and that is a definite plus.

I was on the court with the least skilled of the skilled players and ended up with 11 games won and 18 lost.

Sounds bad, but I played better than normal in most instances - though I did blow a few easy overheads and volleys.

I blame it on old age. Gotta blame it on something because you know it just can’t be that I’m not a great player . . .

Which brings me to my next observation. The players there are all in there twenties or thirties. Only a couple seem to be approaching 50 like myself. (Well approaching 45 then . . .)

And there are some darn good players as I was watching from the corner of my eye during my match. Maybe I should have been concentrating more on my own match?

As I was saying - some very good players - way better than me I’m afraid.

Since you move up to better courts or down based on games won, I don’t know if I’ll get the opportunity to even play these guys.

Just as well if my skill level isn’t up there yet.

But it gives me something to work towards.

And it was a ton of fun though and what excellent exercise.

I really like playing the game - even when I don’t win.

And that, after all, is the point, isn’t it?

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment