Tuesday, October 28, 2008

flux capacitors and quantum phase invertors

Day 61 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

- and other cool sounding, though completely foolish, phrases are swimming inside my head today like a large fish in a small glass bowl.

Maybe I’ve been watching too much Farscape lately, trying to stay ahead of the Reader’s Den review deadlines. I’m almost finished re-watching Season 2, the one where Chrichton’s mind has this annoying little . . .

. . . but I shouldn’t spoil it for those who have never seen it, now should I.

I did finish reading my first Nancy Drew mystery yesterday too - “The Secret of The Old Clock” - no, I’m not kidding. And no, I’m not going to start playing with Barbies or collecting WebKinz.

In fact I read it to my daughter. She rather liked it and it was pretty good for something written so long ago. Had it been written today Nancy’s peril though would have consisted of something horrific instead of just being locked in a closet by thieves.

Still, as far as children’s (or should I say young adult) girl’s fiction goes, this is pretty decent stuff.

My little girl at first thought the book would suck because the cover was a boring dull yellow hardback with a sepia looking picture on the front. That clinches it, no? Really tuned me in to how important the cover art if for young readers.

Well, must get back to my mental planning for NaNoWriMo which kicks off this Saturday. I’m still not sure how I’m going to juggle this blog and NaNo and everything else.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment