Monday, October 13, 2008

day of the turkey

Day 46 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Happy “Canadian” Thanksgiving out there.

It’s almost time for me to prepare the Turkey and get it in the oven for a nice long slow bake to perfection.

My two girls (lovely wife and rambunctious child) are preparing the pumpkin pies as I write this. Going to be a day of, um, overeating most likely.

But we are having friends over to help us overeat, so we can all wallow about later in a full-belly-haze - while the kids race around like it’s the Molson Indy.

I don’t know the secret to cooking a good Turkey, but what seems to work for me is cooking it for two hours at 325, then 3-4 hours at 275. And I make sure the Turkey has an even glaze of mayonnaise which turns the skin a crispy golden brown - which is so tasty as so bad for you.

And no stuffing inside - we do that on the stove . . .

. . . I know. Shame on me.

Not sure what the veggie will be as the guests are bringing that with them, as well as the salad and drinks.

Well, enjoy your Monday wherever you are.

Oh, and I was convinced by the comments yesterday to go back to “Dope”. So, for better or worse, Dope it is for the duration.

And I'm waffling so much about what to do for NaNoWriMo I should be on the menu at Golden Griddle.

Until Tomorrow, when I mysteriously weight five pounds more than right now . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment