Thursday, October 09, 2008

best served

Day 42 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

In keeping with my personal promise to blog every day - well here is another.

It may not hold the answer to the ultimate question (if you know what that is), but it is number 42 straight.

And it would seem that Thursday posts are likely to turn into “how-I-did-at-tennis-last-night” blogs.

So, if that sort fo thing offends you - well you can always go find Dr. Phil’s site instead.

If you stick around I promise a pretty painless and short posting.

I was so close to being top spot on my court last night as I played pretty gosh darn well, if I do say so.

I served the first game and we won four points in a row, mostly due to my well placed and paced serves - how is that for a bout of annoying egotism, even if it is true?

I had a total of four aces and quite a few winners on the evening.

I tied for first spot with another. Not bad for this aging tennis dude.

One thing that is really helping my strength and shot making has got to be tennis aerobics, which we started (the family that is) last Saturday. It’s one hour of hitting balls and running around the court without much of a letup.

The key, or one of the keys I believe, to good tennis is being in shape for the experience - maybe not so much doubles as singles. However, because of the tennis aerobics I felt a lot stronger last night on the court.

I’ve always said - you should get in shape to play tennis, not play tennis to get in shape.

Who knows, maybe next week I’ll climb from the bottom court (four) and move up to court (three).

Maybe by the end of the year I’ll be playing with the best on court (one) . . .

. . . Hey, this old dude can haz dreams, can’t he?

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment